CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB

Just a small town Scooter Club in Lancashire !

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

a note from down under

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Whebs
scorpion
scorpion
Whebs

Number of posts : 5
HOMETOWN : Charnock Richard
Registration date : 2010-04-18

a note from down under Empty
PostSubject: a note from down under   a note from down under EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:24 am

Hi all,
I hope you're all good?

Well, its 11 months since leaving Chorley and were now settled in Sydney. Just absolutely love it!!!

Leaving was hard especially when I had to sell my T5 Classic and PX200. I brought over my Mitsubishi pick up and sold it within a month of getting it here, that funded my new PX200. I bought one of the last PX200s in Aus. Its black and was registered in December 2009 and so its literally the last one. It was bought by a guy who lives in Darling Harbour (near the bridge) and he never rode it. I bought it with 900km on the clock (that's about 600 miles).

The best thing about being out here if the fact that I can ride every day and so I do my five mile trek to work along the coast road by Coogee beach and up to Bondi (hard life).

We have just been through winter and so looking forward to a hot Aussie summer on my scoot.

The scooter clubs out here such as Sydney City Scooter Club who I'm a member of seem to like their GTS... auto s...not for me. The scooter scene is ok but not a patch on the UK.

There is a lot of Asian (Bali/Philippines) scoots which look great but mechanics are crap. LML seem to be doing well but only 150 with Cats. Lammies fetch about $10,000 which is about £6,500/£7,000 but the problem is, the Aussie immigration don't let any in unless they meet the emission test(which we all know they wont)

When did you move to the Lock?

Ride safe all

Whebs

Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

Number of posts : 2986
HOMETOWN : chorley
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: a note from down under   a note from down under EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi whebs great to hear from you pal, Sounds like your having a ball over there riding past bondi beach to work every day a note from down under 585502 im defo not jealous you cant beat windy rainy england a note from down under 755472 only joking bud ,We moved to the lock as we wee told the hop pocket was shuttin down it only changed hands, But it seems ok at the lock a bit pricey for beer but the surroundings are nice , Anyway nice to hear from you pal and sounds like youve settled in , What night do sydney scooter club meet ? we might have a ride out one night a note from down under 978568
Back to top Go down
Whebs
scorpion
scorpion
Whebs

Number of posts : 5
HOMETOWN : Charnock Richard
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: a note from down under   a note from down under EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:27 am

Hi Paul
They meet every week on a Tuesday and then ride out every month usually at the beginning of the month. Here's there web link http://www.sydneycitysc.com/

Tell you, it's certainly better riding with the sun on your face instead of blasted by wind and rain.

The Lock is a nice pub and when your riding, you can't have too many anyway.

Speak soon
Whebs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a note from down under   a note from down under Empty

Back to top Go down

a note from down under
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB :: GENERAL :: GENERAL CHAT-
Jump to: