CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB

Just a small town Scooter Club in Lancashire !

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YSA HOLLAND RALLY

Go down 
+2
Duxuk
Paul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul
Paul

Number of posts : 2986
HOMETOWN : chorley
Registration date : 2007-02-13

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:40 pm

To all members and non members of the YSA thinking of going to Holland this year. Please take note that the deadline for receiving the YSA discount for the ferry finishes at the end of February,we have tried in vain to make P&O extend this deadline but they won't budge.
Basically it means you will still be able to book from March but the price goes up every week,to secure your cabin before the deadline call on our dedicated hotline number 087166646464 quoting Yorkshire Scooter Alliance and give them the booking number 81730. Please see flyer on YSA Facebook and web site for more information.
The cost of the crossing will double and treble by the time the Allied Invasion comes round so now is the time to book-up. To present we have approximately 180 cabins left ( for a 4 berth with scooter it works out at about £ 85 per person) so it is very good value for money.
Thank you the YSA events team.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:09 am

The Date has now been extended to 15th march lol!
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

Number of posts : 207
HOMETOWN : Chorley
Registration date : 2011-07-01

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

I've got a space sorted on the ferry. Practising my Yorkshire accent as we speak.

"Bye 'eck, that's a byowtifull scowter!"
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

Number of posts : 1042
HOMETOWN : THE DIRTY SUBURBS OF WIGAN
Registration date : 2007-03-13

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:20 am

YSA HOLLAND RALLY 60221 (bit brummy that tho andy?!)
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Places are still available for Holland. £80 for one person with one scooter. Just leave a message if you are intrested or know anybody who might be.
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Sneaked up a bit this has this year!! (don't ask about that GTS!) .. Entered the garage today, drawn towards a mountain of bike jackets/keks/gloves/rags/carriers/bungees/wood(?)/catboxes(??) and other random shit..
Under this pile of loveliness I discover a white taffspeed RS210. mmmm,yeah I vaguely remember this forlorn creature.. from December last year,preston selection box run..6 months ago!
Anyhow..chucked a new throttle cable on it(did the other cables 12months ago),cleaned jets/air filter ect.. changed the gear oil, sprayed white grease liberally around owt that moved.. and then thought ..best see if it starts?
FIRST 'KIN KICK.. NEVER does that...should I be worried??
..Almost sorted then..just need to find Elaines passport(mines there but not hers??) and the V5 so I can tax it(prob with Es passport!).. and sort travel insurance out..

ANDREW.. Ill give ya a bell next week pal regarding meet ect..
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

Number of posts : 609
HOMETOWN : LAND OF THE DAFT!
Registration date : 2009-06-08

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Whats a GTS? I'm still trying to ride a Vespa since 1978! OH MOOTHER!
Have a great time in Holland boys.
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm just on the phone as I type this getting a quote for travel insurance. Just need to go to Taffs to get a few bulbs etc. The quote is for £13.15, I've accepted it. I know you can get cheaper but it's a pain to make these phone calls and listen to the same old drivel they're forced to read out to you.
Gettin' excited Ste. Think it's your turn in the beer and banana race this time YSA HOLLAND RALLY 113237
Back to top Go down
Pete Pintpot

Pete Pintpot

Number of posts : 49
HOMETOWN : Lowton but originally Horwich
Registration date : 2008-06-11

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm asking about that GTS Ste. What's the story?
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm

no chance Andy..cant swim (or run)!! Pete, had a problem with it cutting out.. no pattern to it,any speed,temp..doesn't matter,just dies for a second or 2. Three times it did it for Kelso,once over shap goin and twice coming back,overtaking 2 lorries at 75 at Lancaster..shit meself! Anyway,been on a few forums and facebook pages and it seems theres a big issue with 12 plate onwards. Its goin in Saturday for them to look at it but no one seems to know the answer.. ill keep ya posted!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Have a fantastic weekend you lot at Rotterdam . Wish i was coming with you all YSA HOLLAND RALLY 294413
Back to top Go down
Tosh
scorpion
scorpion
Tosh

Number of posts : 205
HOMETOWN : Coppull
Registration date : 2008-06-21

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 pm

hope you all have a safe journey and enjoy yourselves and ste hope you get the gts sorted
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:45 am

Ste sorry to read about your scooter. Sounds like it came from the same place mine did. In the end and after so much fookin about for months I got a full refund out of them but then they charged me extra for the free stuff I got with the scoot total £3.95. Would never go back and got my replacment scoot from Yorkshire which is perfect and without a blip thank gawd and even got 100 notes knocked off plus free fuel.

Last edited by Leapster on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:40 pm

thanks for that encouraging news leapy... YSA HOLLAND RALLY 755472
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:21 am

Best to be aware though Ste so as not to be fobbed off and I should have taken note what was up on the old LA forum about someone else having the same trouble a few years ago with the same place. YSA HOLLAND RALLY 828708 Silly old me. Don't think that shop realised they were dealing with a MOD! YSA HOLLAND RALLY 585502

Just to update this: I see a couple of scooter lads on the net have new GTS300's that will not start. Makes you wonder if a new batch have come through with some sort of electronic fault?? Another lad has been quoted over 300 notes for a basic service. Bloody ell, what with insurance it must make for a deeeer doo? My insurance flew up last year as was told 'having a small bike is more expenive now as so many light bikes get pinched'. You just cant bloody win.
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 am

Scooter MOTd and all ready for Holland YSA HOLLAND RALLY 164782
It's crept up on me quick but I've even sussed a better way at the other side, through the country instead of all those bloody traffic lights we did last time. YSA HOLLAND RALLY 304902
Can't wait to get going now. Weather is looking good, beer cheap and plenty of "exotic entertainment" YSA HOLLAND RALLY 727254
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 am

Have a great time you two YSA HOLLAND RALLY 60221
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Wot time ya all meeting ?
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 pm

We're meeting before 9 at the Hartwood and leaving about half past. I'm packing up tonight so there's no rush tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Lee.. ecu ordered, quite impressed with the service so far..but theres time! yeah ive been on some facebook pages and forums and its lookin like there could be a recall.. got to say Youles have been a lot more positive than some other dealers ive read about..we'll see!!??

Holland..
Lookin forward to the 'new' route Andy... just don't go darting across 5 lanes again and we'll be happy!!
You fancy a ride Paul? Me and E leavin ours about 7.45 to Hartwood so we can get a decent brekkie.. planning on leaving 9 - 9.30 ish, no rush though.
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Just got back from Holland. What a crackin' time we had YSA HOLLAND RALLY 978568

Sheenie had a blowout at 50+mph on the way, just after Clithroe. What a hero. He kept it upright with Wendy on the back. The wheel was knackered and the tyre had a hole in it and a split round the side.
Seems like he'd hit a bolt in the road which flicked up and put a little crack in the front of Ste's helmet. We changed the wheel to his spare (using the Vespa emergency tyre change tool which I can supply you for £7) and carried on.
In the morning when he rode off the ferry the tyre was rubbing on the shock. It seemed OK the day before but this time he wasn't getting any further on it.
People where there to help straight away and couldn't do enough for us. Paul from Grimsby got his Dutch mate Martin to trailer the scoot to Heerjansdam and back and give Sheenie and Wendy a lift.
After that what could possibly go wrong?
Nothing did! We all did the usual stuff and made loads of new mates.
Paul had one little mishap on the way back following Sheenie who was in the van. A pin in his gear change twist grip broke. Martin's son sorted it with a pop rivet and everybody got back to the ferry.
Just need another 5 days to sleep it off now, then it's the Pogues do. Can't wait.YSA HOLLAND RALLY 380454
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:52 pm

...like Andy said.. absolutely brilliant weekend,yeah the blow out incident was a proper shocker,but we put it behind us and got on with it..Great company great weather and even though numbers were down from last year it made for a proper 'community' rally..

now I need me bed.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Sounds like you all had a good time , apart from the blowout incidedent pity i missed it YSA HOLLAND RALLY 657329
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Good advert for your tool Andrew he YSA HOLLAND RALLY 93983
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: YSA HOLLAND RALLY   YSA HOLLAND RALLY Empty

Back to top Go down

YSA HOLLAND RALLY
Page 1 of 1