CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB

Just a small town Scooter Club in Lancashire !

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LML Star Light!

Go down 
+3
Leapster
ste
Duxuk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

Number of posts : 207
HOMETOWN : Chorley
Registration date : 2011-07-01

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:34 pm

I had a look on the LML Italia website and found this info about the small frame auto that is coming out this June.

Star Light. Created to make your life easier.

What Star Light has introduced is a revolution in the LML world. A key element that makes the way you move simpler and lighter has been added to the constant innovations of the Star models, both in the technical and the aesthetic features: the variation transmission.

With Star Light you always get optimal power control, which reaches the rear wheel through a V-belt. Whether your destination is a trip out of town or to the wild shopping centre, you will notice a lot of lightness and manoeuvrability when riding thanks to a chassis made of a composite structure with bodywork and printed steel beam.

Star Light is available in 50cc and 125cc CVT versions.The 50cc cylinder has four valves, while the 125cc has two, controlled by a single overhead camshaft. The 4-stroke vertical engine with forced air cooling from a compact form is designed to fit the size of the vehicle and make riding easier. Star Light is freedom on two wheels.

I love the "printed steel beam" in the frame. LML Star Light! 845976 and that "wild shopping centre" sound good as well.

So all the auto haters are going to hate it but at least it is a steel bodied traditional looking scooter. I'd have one to ride to work on. There are plenty of pictures of it on the web.
LML Star Light! Lml_a_eicma_2011_23_2081
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

Number of posts : 1042
HOMETOWN : THE DIRTY SUBURBS OF WIGAN
Registration date : 2007-03-13

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 pm

well done lml for reviving the PK!! i think its great, MUCH MUCH better than a auto vespa thing ..
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

Number of posts : 609
HOMETOWN : LAND OF THE DAFT!
Registration date : 2009-06-08

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:27 am

Very interesting that Andrew. Was saying to a lad at Sundays ride out that eventually many of us will have to come to a auto particularly if you had breakages in the wrists as turning the gears is aggravating my old injury’s something chronic.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

Number of posts : 2986
HOMETOWN : chorley
Registration date : 2007-02-13

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:39 am

fuck the autos get a motorbike lol
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Paul, I'm sorry but when you are an old bugger and get a mobility scooter it will be an auto. They just don't do em with gears. You may as well get used to itt now and buy an auto LML, LML Star Light! 381919
Back to top Go down
lee
scorpion
scorpion
lee

Number of posts : 618
HOMETOWN : EUXTON
Registration date : 2007-03-15

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Like that Pink one!! LML Star Light! 220653
Back to top Go down
Auntie Val

Auntie Val

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-04

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:44 am

So do I
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:35 am

CORR!!!! ciò che una donna
Back to top Go down
hspring
scorpion
scorpion
hspring

Number of posts : 199
HOMETOWN : BLACKBURN
Registration date : 2010-05-15

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:26 pm

i hope they bring some different colours out LML Star Light! 380454
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:20 am

This was posted recently..

"LML has brought several innovations to EICMA 2011: New colors of the stars (many variants, from classical to the most picturesque), two concepts, the Star and Star Disegual Sidecar, but especially the new Star Light. The Star Light comes from the need very simply, that of the CVT! Since not everyone is able to use the four-speed manual transmission, or have the appropriate license, or simply do not want to "make efforts" to use the gears, LML has decided to equip the Star of an "accessory" very more comfortable: the drive. The engine, 4 stroke forced air cooled by a compact course has been designed to accommodate the size of the vehicle. The engines are two: the 50cc, 4 valves and 125cc, with two valves; both propellers are driven by a single camshaft. The frame of the Star Light is made of a composite steel beam and shell printed giving the scooter maximum agility and maneuverability when driving. Basically with this new scooters, LML goes even further in the scooter market, and does so with a look now well known to most. Very competitive then prices. For the small 50cc Star Light needed £1,366, while taking home the eight-liter 125cc £1,600".

I remember chatting to the disabled riders on a stand at the bike show and they help modify bikes for anyone with disability. The classic PK look in auto form will be a god send for anyone looking for ‘the look’ and easy riding so my guess is sales of the LML Light Star will be quite high. I’m told now that the first scoots will be out late June.

Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:25 pm

£1600 is an absolute bargain. The 125cc Vespa GTS is over twice as much, but it does have a lot more power.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

Number of posts : 2986
HOMETOWN : chorley
Registration date : 2007-02-13

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:14 pm

you cant beat a diesel powered lammy LML Star Light! 304902
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:35 am

Thought you were trying LPG next Paul? EE

Vespa GTS 125 = £3,620
LML 125 Light Star = £1,600

Uncle Taff at sunny Darwen gets the Light Stars in June and I'm betting there will be a waiting list for these everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:22 pm

I hate to see grown men cry LML Star Light! 657329 but It's bad news for ALL LML Star Light enthusiasts. I went up to Darwen today to make sure I was going to be at the top of the waiting list. Taff phoned LML and was told that it definitely won't be June. In fact by the time they've got it through all the aprovals for the UK it might be the end of the year or even into next year. I was already seeing myself zipping round Chorley on a PK lookalike that does nearly 200 mpg. (not with me thrashing it, though) LML Star Light! 304902
I still fancy something else in the summer to replace my auto. Geared or auto would do.
Back to top Go down
Leapster
scorpion
scorpion
Leapster

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Blast! Uncle Taff told me only today they would be in June. Confused dot com LML Star Light! 657329
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LML Star Light! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LML Star Light!   LML Star Light! Empty

Back to top Go down

LML Star Light!
Page 1 of 1