CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB

Just a small town Scooter Club in Lancashire !

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

me new purchase

Go down 
+2
road runner ian
ste
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ste
ste

Number of posts : 1042
HOMETOWN : THE DIRTY SUBURBS OF WIGAN
Registration date : 2007-03-13

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:24 pm

no paul it aint a bike!!

just got a pair of sip tubless rims,must say,they look the dogs nads out the box. got 2 brand new conti navi's to go on em (leapy,these have been discontinued so av a look on ebay for NOS,i got these for £47 for 2 inc postage).

2 draw backs..

1) if ya get a unrepairable puncture (large cut ect)ya cant simply change a tube, BUT try splitting some rims sometimes and its a bastard anyway so not so much a negative..and ya can use them screw in repair things if its a nail..

2)fitting a tyre isnt a diy job and if you dont choose wisely, and you choose a shit fitter.. goodbye £50's worth of wheel..

That said, i will def feel safer doing 94mph( me new purchase 585502 ) with these, than tubes.. so now, only have to hover over the clutch at full bollocks in case of a seizure,and NOT a blow out aswell!!

ANYWAY.. i still think they look fkin great!!

reveiw courtesy off Dr.S.Dunn (CSSC head of product testing)
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 pm

reeeet! had tyres fit today at leigh(spot on)... total cost wheels £100, tyres £47(ebay NOS so depending on ya pref its your shout) and £16 for fitting.. total £163.

worth it??? dont know yet... BUT .. wont be shittin it goin full beans, 2 up, fully loaded with a blow out in the FRONT of me mind..

any thoughts??
Back to top Go down
road runner ian

road runner ian

Number of posts : 84
HOMETOWN : heath charnock
Registration date : 2009-07-17

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:33 am

the way forward Ste i say
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

Number of posts : 2986
HOMETOWN : chorley
Registration date : 2007-02-13

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 am

ste wrote:
reeeet! had tyres fit today at leigh(spot on)... total cost wheels £100, tyres £47(ebay NOS so depending on ya pref its your shout) and £16 for fitting.. total £163.

worth it??? dont know yet... BUT .. wont be shittin it goin full beans, 2 up, fully loaded with a blow out in the FRONT of me mind..

any thoughts??

Sounds good ste just make sure you have a tube of that tyre weld stuff me new purchase 585502
Back to top Go down
road runner ian

road runner ian

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:51 pm

that weld tyre stuff was in aldi at £3.99 a tin
Back to top Go down
Tosh
scorpion
scorpion
Tosh

Number of posts : 205
HOMETOWN : Coppull
Registration date : 2008-06-21

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:14 pm

ste well i hope they do well for you ,i was looking at the tubeless steel wheels but don`t know who does them over here this side of the pond
Back to top Go down
road runner ian

road runner ian

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:38 am

Tosh m8
Taff at scootlife in darwen did have some sip tubeless rims in for vespa and lambrettas.one lad i know has the a/f rayspeed rims which he rates all the question of what suits you the best. me new purchase 380454
Back to top Go down
lee
scorpion
scorpion
lee

Number of posts : 618
HOMETOWN : EUXTON
Registration date : 2007-03-15

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

road runner ian wrote:
Tosh m8
Taff at scootlife in darwen did have some sip tubeless rims in for vespa and lambrettas.one lad i know has the a/f rayspeed rims which he rates all the question of what suits you the best. me new purchase 380454

I have SIP tubeless rim in stock, and i have them on my PX with Dunlop TT's and there Great!!! me new purchase 60221
Back to top Go down
ste b

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-22

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 am

I've had the af ones on mine for over 12 months now with schwalbe racemans on , I managed to fit them my self with tyre levers but was a bit of a bastard . Up to now the've been ok , but might get the sip ones for my other scoot as the AF ones are only resting on the studs!!
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:11 am

that something else ste, they use specific nuts so unless youve got a tubless spare you have to remember to take standard wheel nut in case you need to use it..

was goin to have a go at fitting the tyres but our tyre machine at work only goes down to 12" , dont think £8 a wheels to bad though,although they proper struggled! i told the bloke id recommend him and to quote his response .. "dont send to many of these fu**ers down!!"
Back to top Go down
ste b

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-22

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah Ste , tried all the tyrefitters round here and non could fit them . Wigan tyres would but only with mitchelins . said all the others were to stiff . Did mine the night before kelso in me garage with some old levers i had . Did scratch one but the other is ok .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

me new purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: me new purchase   me new purchase Empty

Back to top Go down

me new purchase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB :: GENERAL :: GENERAL CHAT-
Jump to: