CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CHORLEY SCORPIONS SCOOTER CLUB

Just a small town Scooter Club in Lancashire !

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fitted a new carb................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

Number of posts : 207
HOMETOWN : Chorley
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Fitted a new carb................ Empty
PostSubject: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 pm

My carb was only a 15mm so I thought I might get a bit more speed (as if I needed it!) by going bigger.
I got a 20/20 carb from Ebay for £35 brand new. It's an Indian made Spaco like they fit to the brand new PX.
Fitted a new carb................ Vespacarb004_zps92f66978
It's a lot bigger. Only 5mm wider but the area of the venturi is almost twice as big.

Any faster?????????????

Yeah, plenty Fitted a new carb................ 60221

It accelerates and cruises much better, holding it's speed on hills. I just need a PX filter to suit. It's running lean. I think that's because the filter I have is just a see through wire mesh. You're probably suposed to stick a bit of chapati in it every so often to make it more restrictive...............but I'll just buy a proper one.

A lower twin seat should help, as well, by cutting wind resistance.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Paul

Number of posts : 2986
HOMETOWN : chorley
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 pm

That's it now. Were not gonna be able to keep up now
Fitted a new carb................ 54302
Back to top Go down
Tosh
scorpion
scorpion
Tosh

Number of posts : 205
HOMETOWN : Coppull
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 pm

hay don`t believe what he say`s i saw him today as i reversed down past his house in the wagon and he was fitting some new batteries to his electric scoot a silver one Fitted a new carb................ 585502
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

Number of posts : 1042
HOMETOWN : THE DIRTY SUBURBS OF WIGAN
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 am

no promises but i think i might have an air filter andy,i'll have a root aboot tonight..
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

I've got a filter now Ste, but thanks anyway. The plug colour hasn't changed. It seems to run perfectly so I don't know why the colour seems so pale. Jetting is for a P125X so you'd think it would be OK. I'll have another mess with it tomorrow.

Has anybody got a dual seat the want to get rid of? It's all part of my plan to leave you all choking on my fumes.
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 am

have you got some jets to play with? ive a few little 'uns and BIG 'uns you can play with. Also what pipe you got? is it standard? A sito plus might give you a few more horses for not much dosh and you wont lose the classic look..
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm

I fannied around with it today, adjusted the slow running properly and did a full throttle plug chop up hill.
Fitted a new carb................ Plugchop001_zps40a314d0
I'm thinking a bit pale(?)

The jet is a standard PX125 type with a 96 main. The exhaust is a standard type and is quiet, so I'm sure I could get a bit more out of it.

I had a good ride today, it's way better Fitted a new carb................ 60221 OK it's not like a 166 Malossi, I don't suppose, but I can easy cruise at an extra 10kph or maybe 10mph if I gave it a bit more throttle. And before you start it DID do more than 30 before. Hill climbing is way better and it doesn't seem to start wheezing at 55kph in second like it used to.

SNIFF MY FUMES YOU LOSERS. Fitted a new carb................ 971796

I don't mean that really. It's just that the POWER has gone to me 'ed.
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm

looks a bit on the sandy side andy, try an extra spalsh of oil in t'fuel an see wot that brings, just beware of pinking..
Back to top Go down
ste
ste

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:27 pm

spalsh?? splash.. Fitted a new carb................ 755472
Back to top Go down
Duxuk
scorpion
scorpion
Duxuk

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:02 pm

It's been running well but I thought I'd better change the fuel pipe since it was a loose fit. When I took the tank out the union on the tap fractured Fitted a new carb................ 657329
There's nothing for it but to fit a new tap so I've ordered one from Ebay along with a proper removal tool.
Pissed off really but I didn't want to go any distance with the old fuel pipe in case it fell off.

It'll be about 2 weeks before I'm sorted. I don't know why this had to happen as soon as the sun started shining. Fitted a new carb................ 971796 That's the moon, not the sun, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitted a new carb................   Fitted a new carb................ Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitted a new carb................
Page 1 of 1